Monday 2 November 2009

'The Call' (cheesy as it may sound)

On Friday, last week, God confronted me- in His lovingkindness- about my unbelief; specifically when it comes to 'my calling'. You see, over the past 10 years (really all through my lifetime) God has given me verses and spoken thing over me that are much to great for me to undrstand. I don't talk much about them because I didn't see how they could happen. Some of them, though, have already been partially fulfilled. The Scriptures talk about being a light to nations, peoples and kings; it speaks about having many children; about people seeking me out because of the Lord's glory; about speaking up and speaking out God's truth; and on it goes.

On that Friday God callenged me to speak them out loud and declare them as truth. I simply couldn't. Finally He spoke to me, He got His face very close to mine- like lovers do when they whisper secrets to each other or try to comfort one another- and asked, 'Do you believe Me?' I gasped. I don't, I didn't, not until that time when He shone His light and love in my heart and revealed the secrets of it, the hidden doubts. It was then I understood that He has always been by my side, that He has presented me with oportunities I have just been to scared to walk into, to timid to grab a hold of... but not anymore. If I want to be bold and grab a hold of that for which Christ Jesus has grabbed a hold of me (phil 3:12) then I must be courageous and step out: 'the kingdom of heaven suffers violance and the violent take it by force' (mt 11:12).

I met up with a friend of mine who is an associate pastor in one of the local churches, who had offred me opportunities to share at several grouos before but I had decline. I spoke with him and related what God had shared with me earlier. Since then I've gotten the opportunity to share at a discipleship school on the subject of God's character and how should it impact our lives; and share my testimony at a young adults group that I've started to attend. God is good! Answers to prayers all around in less than 24 hours... what a God we serve! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment