Tuesday 27 October 2009

5 Minutes of Grace...




I was sitting down on that great big black couch at the worship hall- the kind which cushions seem to swallow you when you sit down and you feel all comfy- my face buried in my hands. I was meeting with God. "Boo!!"- I hear a child's laughter- "ha, ha, I saw your head jolt, I scared you," said Grace as she comes around and sits by me. "Yes you did Grace" came my response, "I was praying". "About what?" said she with an unashamed look on her face (got to love the boldness of a child). "Well, I was praying that God would help me sort my thoughts out... sometimes I have so much on my mind I don't know what the truth about anything is anymore so I need God to guide me." She looks up at me with her little five year old smile, "Yeah, I know what you mean..." Lol! I laughed within me: "what? how can a 5yr old know what I'm talking about?" Then I remenered the God whom I served... the God that I love.... the One who loved me first... and I realized God listens to every single word Grace says, not one of them falls on deaf ears- HE IS FAITHUL, CARING AND TRUE.

That's all I needed to know. God cares, and His grace is never ending. "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." 1 Chr 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment