Friday 20 November 2009

The Talk

"'As for Me', says the Lord, 'this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants', says the Lord, 'from this time and forevermore.'"

This is a Scripture I will know to be sure until that glorious day when I'll see my Love, my God, face to face.

As you know I got the opportunity to speak a discipleship school at one of the local churches. It was a great time of sharing who God is, what He has done for us and what kind of relationship He wants to have with us. All but one of the people in the class were older than me yet God gave me complete peace and security in Him; and, as you and I prayed, He was the one to bring the message to them. By the end of the class they were all so excited about this life with God that He has designed us to have that they could barely stay seated.

But the most humbling part of t all was when a man who could be my father said to me: 'You are half my age but today you have taught me something about God I did not know, you've revealed something new about His character I never thought about before.'

"Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you..." (Is 60:1-2)

My response? "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me- holy is His name." (Lk 1:46-49)

How amazing and humbling it is to be part of God's plan, to partake in His kingdom. Can we do anything else but serve Him and love Him after all that He has given to us? Can my heart do anything else but long after Him, to know Him more and more? Could anyone really contain, restrain, themselves from drawing near once they have seen the goodness of the Lord of lords and King of kings?

No comments:

Post a Comment