Friday 26 February 2010

Life Without Sour Cream...

Life without sour cream is pretty sad business, life without God is just plain gruesome...

I sit here, eating a cheese quesadilla for breakfast, and I think to myself: I really can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.... huh?! who would have thought? ALL things... Even the deepest of heartbreaks or the sourest of disappointments do not compare to the greatness of God, of His comfort, of His promises, of His care... ALL things, I can do ALL things... I can suffer long and be kind, I can hope all things and endure all things (1 Corinthians 13). Really that's the biggest trial of them all, isn't it? To love without hypocrisy; to love truly and sincerely; to love even to one's own expense from a genuine heart that expects nothing in return. wow!

Sure the good ol'heart will hurt, it will get bruised, it might even bleed. Trials are meant to shape us, mold us, equip us, and at the end of the road I will be complete, I will lack nothing (James 1:4). Oh yes, the greatest of all joys! To be found in Him complete, good and faithful... To be seen through the darkest of valleys and the steepest of roads, through the most ferocious of all hurricanes and through the torment of silence in the midst of the ocean's vastness.

And in His name I do trust.

"The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills." (Hab 3:19)

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought it was a fairly dangerous prayer to pray - to make your feet like the feet of a deer - what if God actually answered it?

    ReplyDelete