Sunday 20 December 2009

Have it ALL

Funny thing happened on Friday last week, my bag disappeared from the top of my bed... most likely stolen... In it were my new pajamas, my toiletries, some earrings I really liked, cel phone charger, my Bible and my journal... Nothing of worldly value.

When I realized it was gone for sure (meaning someone hadn't moved it to another place within the room, etc, etc) nothing more than a sense of inconvenience entered my heart. I had no feeling of real lost. I praised God that, if in fact someone had stolen it with mean intent, He had blinded their eyes to see my purse which contained my passport and identifications in it.

I think I was even happy when I-through this test- found out how little hold material things had on my heart. Sure nothing of worldly value was in it but my Bible and journal are to me my most precious possessions. It was my first English Bible, I've had it since March 2003- it was falling apart, lol. And my journal because of all the great lessons God had taught me this past five months...

The next day God brought to mind one of my favorite quotes by AW Tozer:

"The man that has God for His treasure has all things in One. Many ordinary treasures may be denied him or if he is allowed to have them, the enjoyment of them will be so tempered, that they will never be necessary to his happiness. Or if he must see them go, one after one, he will scarcely feel a sense of loss, for having the Source of all things he has in One all satisfaction, all pleasure, all delight. Whatever he may lose he has actually lost nothing for he now has it all in One, and he has it purely, legitimately, and forever." (The Pursuit of God)

The glorious thing is that only an hour before I found out the bag was missing for good God had spoken to me and showed me how much of His word He has already written upon my heart. Also when I knew there was only a slim chance my journal would show up, I found out that all the lessons were still fresh on my mind. That the past 5 months God has dug so deep in my heart there is nothing that was really taken away from me.

So there you have it my friends, GOD IS GOOD!!! His work is everlasting!

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth or rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment