Friday 28 January 2011

The Creepy Eye Monster :-|

"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all..." 1 Corinthians 12:4-7


I look around me and I see so many people with so many different qualities/gifts/talents/(whatever-you-want-to-cal-them) to admire; and I must confess, sometimes I find myself wishing I was more like them. "If I only had her smile or gentleness, if I only had his sense or assurance..." I was engaged with this sort of thinking the other day, wondering how to re-invent myself, when God reminded me of a version of 1 Cor 12 I heard a few years ago. It reads like this:

"If Foot said, "I'm not elegant like Hand, embellished with rings; I guess I don't belong to this body," would that make it so? If Ear said, "I'm not beautiful like Eye, limpid and expressive; I don't deserve a place on the head," would you want to remove it from the body? If the body was all eye, how could it hear? If all ear, how could it smell? As it is, we see that God has carefully placed each part of the body right where he wanted it....An enormous eye or a gigantic hand wouldn't be a body, but a monster. What we have is one body with many parts, each its proper size and in its proper place. No part is important on its own."

"You are Christ's body—that's who you are! You must never forget this. Only as you accept your part of that body does your "part" mean anything."

=)

I love how much He knows me, and how He communicates with me in exactly the words I need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment