Sunday 10 April 2011

On Loving & Growing...


"I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth; I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain'; I, the Lord, speak in righteousness, I declare things that are right." Isaiah 45:19

Lately I'm getting into gardening. This little ones you see in the picture were planted about... 2 weeks ago? They are huge now but in this picture they had only been planted for 4 days... The longest four days of my life. It might sound silly, but when I planted this seeds, I would pay them a visit every morning & every night staring at them for a good few minutes to see if I could discern any green coming out. Perhaps I was trying to will them to come out with my gaze. On the third night of my usual staring my mom started to laugh, told me to leave them alone, that they wouldn't come out at least for another few days. I didn't care, I stare for another minute or two and went back to bed- there was absolutely no sign of sprouting. Then in the morning.... Gasp!!! They were there! The seeds had sprouted!! Joy!!!!!

Only 8 hours before there was no sign of life and then, voilĂ .

This experience reminded me of God's faithfulness. How God watches over His word to fulfill it. Even if we forget, He does not. Even if we falter He does not. Even when nothing seems to be moving forward, He is at work, and in His time He will bring it to pass.

His name be glorified!!!! :)

PS- I have no idea why everything is underlined...lol... I tried to figure out how to take it off to no avail... I guess everything I'm saying is important, lol ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment