Thursday 21 October 2010

Back to the Future...

Walking around kicking dry leaves under a beautiful blue sky on a crisp Autumn day; that was my afternoon on the last day in England... I love how God cares about the little details of life that make me smile, He is awesome!

I arrived to Washington DC last night. Thank you for your prayers about safe travel.

My time in England was wonderful. I learnt that God is faithful even when we are faithless. When I am tired and feel like I cannot possibly go on, He takes me by the hand and says: 'Come on beautiful, do not be afraid, I am with you, I will see you through. Remember it is not about your strength but about My power being made perfect in your weakness. My GRACE is SUFFICIENT.'

Oh how He loves me!!

I learnt that love's beauty is not about perfection but about forgiveness and acceptance. I learnt, as Elizabeth Elliot wrote once, I have 'chosen the hardest road, but it goes straight to the top'. I learnt that in this world there is nothing more precious than the love of God and that God's heart, the secret place, is the safest place I could ever be. The world may pass away (and indeed it will) but His word remains. The mountains may crumble (and indeed they will) but His promises are sure. The world may be against us (and indeed it will)but greater is He who is in us than he who is the the world ;)

So then, what is the conclusion of the matter?

"Fear God and keep His commandments..." (Eccl 12:13)

FOR

"He cannot deny Himself..." (2 Tim 2:13c)

"...the Lord...He is good!" (Psalm 118:1)

"the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but [His] kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall [His] covenant of peace be removed..." (Isaiah 54:10)

So what then, dear reader?, what shall I encourage you to do? Trust Him! Trust Him with all of your body, mind and soul. Trust Him so much you lose yourself completely in who He is. Trust His guidance, even when the world tells you it is absolutely impossible, even when they say you have lost your mind, love Him and rely on His word...

... it is then, that you will walk on water ;-)

1 comment:

  1. ...very blessed in reading this. Thanks.

    Here's something I read recently that this reminded me of:

    "You have made proof of His inviolable faithfulness in the past. And despite of the 'strange things' that are happening to you, He is standing now, as ever He did, or ever He was, with the undiminished, hoarded love of Eternity in His heart. In reading Philip Henry's Memoirs, I was struck with the observation he makes on the death of his saintly friend Lady Puleston who died in 1658. "She was," says he, "the best friend I had on earth; but my Friend in heaven is still where He was, and He will never leave me nor forsake me."
    "Your testimony has been, and doubtless will be the same. Trust Him still. Trust Him implicitly. Trust Him in the dark. Trust Him now. Trust Him to the end."
    John Ross MacDuff

    ReplyDelete