Sunday 26 September 2010

The Language Barrier...

Here is, yet, one more short story about Germany and the Sister...

God doesn't care about the language barrier...

(Remember what I told you about the Sister's bookmarks?.... good.)

the story...

We were out and about buying souvenirs, all of us well supplied with bookmarks (just in case) ;)

As I was checking out at the store I looked at the clerk and thought, 'why not, she looks like she needs some encouragement... I'll offer her a German bookmark and told her God had a message for her'. She looked at me politely and took one. Then it happened, I saw what many of the Sisters have seen many times before... God at work through the bookmarks...

The woman's countenance completely changed, she was happy. All smiles she spoke to me in German (don't know what she said, but it was good) She was so impressed by it that she took me to the other clerk, who was with a customer, said something in German to her then pointed at me to give her one. hahaha...

There I was witnessing God in action, reaching out to ppl (despite my inability). What a GOOD God we serve!! I can scarcely believe how much He loves us and how relentlessly He seeks us. To think that He planned this little moment, to reach this one store clerk, to lavish His love upon her through this tiny little encounter... wow!

I learned that day that God is not really minded by the 'language barrier'... He is not minded by any barriers at all, He will cross oceans, He will leap over walls, He will create the most ridiculous- I speak in human concepts- circumstances to express His love to us.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment